Thursday, February 17, 2011

I haven't blogged since last week.  I know, I'm bad.

The florist that we saw last Saturday was great!  Her name, ironically enough, is Rose.  She is a year younger than me and is so incredibly knowledgeable about flowers it's amazing.  I think we have found our florist.

We also saw a business called the Wedding Box.  They are a one stop wedding machine.  They do everything there!  We want photography and videography from them.  The pictures are in the style that I want.  The problem is that we would be getting one photographer for the engagement shoot and a different one for the wedding.  We also don't meet the person, or people until the day of the shoot and wedding.  We see a book of their work beforehand, but that's it.  What is our personalities clash?  What if they don't understand what we want?  What if their English sucks?  I'm not thrilled about that.  It's not a deal breaker exactly, but we'll see what happens.

I met with another photographer whom I actually like better.  He also works in the photojournalistic style, which is good.  He puts a book together rather than an album, a real bound book with pictures printed on the page rather than mounted.  He tries to tell the story of the wedding with his pictures and I think that's a good way to go about it.  I have obviously already met him and he would be the primary photographer.  There might be a secondary one as well, but that's up to us.  The problem with him, is that he doesn't do albums himself, or videography.  Personally, I'm not thrilled with albums.  I think they are outdated and unnecessary.  I think that my mother and Rich's mother might want one though.  As far as videography goes... I want it so that I have a record of the ceremony... as far as the rest...  I would like to have it, but, I think the photography is more important.  How often would a couple look at their video?  On an anniversary or something?  Maybe?  If we used this photographer there's no reason that we couldn't still use Wedding Box for video... right?

We also have to figure out where everyone is going to get ready for the wedding.  My house?  Westbury Manor?  Most likely, the hair and makeup and nails will be in Forest Hills in the place I normally get my hair done.  I don't see why we couldn't put our dresses on and do last minute primping at Westbury Manor.  We just need to be able to get there somehow...  That's where the probable limo comes in...  We'll see what happens.

I have no more wedding news!  I need to collect my address next week and mail out the save the dates by the end of next week or we will have no guests!  My how times flies!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just to let you know someone's reading! :)