Friday, April 20, 2012

Today I took a step back into the past.  I was teaching the Montessoi kids gym today.  I forgot just exactly how obnoxious and incredibly loud they are.  I also forgot how even though they annoy the crap out of me, I really do like the majority of them.  They aren't bad kids, just aggravating when you have to deal with a dozen or so of them at the same time.  I haven't seen these kids for a about a year, they've all grown.  It really is amazing to watch puberty hit.  I noticed that some of the boys voices are starting to change, and some of the girls have gained some.... puberty weight.  You gotta love that awkward age.

I noticed that it would be really easy for me to slip back into my old job, almost as if the last year hadn't happened.  I feel competent and secure as the gym teacher.  There's no challenge anymore.  There's nothing new to learn from the position.  I'm good at it, and there's nothing wrong with that.  I miss the challenge.  I don't think it's a bad thing to feel comfortable in your job, but only if it's a career.  If it's a job... something needs to change.  I need to push myself, and I need to decide what course my professional life is going to take.  It's a hard decision to make, but it's got to be done.

No comments: