Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Ok, So I'm in California right now. It's so far been one bad adventure to the next. You know Murphy's Law, the one that states that anything that can go wrong will go wrong? Well, that's what has been happening to us. The actual visiting and vacationing that we're doing has been just fine. My stepsister even bought me a pair of sunglasses on Rodeo Dr! Lol. However, the airports were horrible. We were supposed to leave Laguardia at 10:00am on Christmas Day. We didnt get out of that airport until about 8:30pm that evening. There was a shroud of heavy fog covering New York, so no planes were landing or taking off. There were announcments every 15 minutes or so saying, "All flights are subject to delays and/or cancellations." So, we didnt even know if we were going to be able to come at all after all that waiting! Also, we did not have a direct flight into LA, so becasue of the delays in NY, we missed our first connecting flight. So our luggage was supposed to be taken off the first plane and put on the second, but we didnt know if it actually would be. We thought we'd might be one of those ppl who gets there luggage sent back to them a year later with an apology note from the airport. However, that didnt happen, lol. We thought it did, because it was not at bagggage claim with everyone elses, in fact I'm not sure where it came off of, but we did get it. Because of all the trouble gettting us a connecting flight, Delta was kind enough to stick us in first class from Cinncinatti to LA. The only real difference was that the seats were bigger, and there was more room to stretch out our legs, besides that though, it really wasnt a big deal. We didnt get anything that the other passengers did not get, we just got stuff first. Come to think of it, the stewardesses kept ignoring me, so if I wanted something I had to yell in their faces, lol. I finally go to see "Cinderella Man" on the plane. It's just one of the movies I've been wanting to see and never got a chance to.

Anyway, we slept in LA for two nights. We visited family, and saw some sights. I got to see the Hollywood sign form afar, lol. We went shopping on Rodeo Dr., drove through Beverly Hills (my mom kept saying, "Beverly Hills 90210, like the show, which she has never seen!). We went to Santa Monica, and just wandered around in general seeing the sights, it was fun. By the way, my step neice is the cutest thing on the planet. Not only is she gorgeous, but she is soooo smart! She understands everything you say to her, and she's not even quite 18 mos. old yet! She's really absolutely precious. Her parents were great hosts, patiently showing us things they see everyday of their lives. We also got to see my other step sister and her husband, which was nice becasue we haven't seen them since they moved from NY to CA.

Right now I'm sitting in my second hotel room in Sacramento, visiting my third and last stepsister. We took another plane from LA to here. The flight was ok, nothing special to complian or relate. We did again think that we lost our luggage. Actually, while we were going through the metal detectors at security, all the gaurds all yelled "Bravo!!!" and called a lock down. They all went sprinting off in various directions. Nothing actually happened, but I've never seen tht many people get that quite so quickly. The only person moving around talking was my stepdad, and ghe hadnt heard them yell lockdown. So he went up to one of the remaining gaurds, and said, "what's this all about?" The gaurd sort of growled and told him to basically mind his own business. That was the most exciting part of our airport experience today. We also went through the rental of cars twice, which was interesting. Everything just takes soooo long. Our airplane landed around 12:00am. Now it's 3:20am, and we only got here about 45minutes ago. At home right now it's 6:20am. Wow, its late in either state. So, I'm going to go to sleep. I'll stick some pictures of Cali. in here next time, and my neice. She's soooooo cute!!!!!!!

No comments: