Thursday, January 26, 2006

Ok, so today was the first day of school. First of all, yippee, school started!!! Lol. Let me start off by saying that I didn't register in November the way I was supposed to. I wasn't sure I was going to go back this term at all. I thought that maybe I was going to get a full time job, and work instead of going to school. Then I contemplated keeping my part time job and perhaps getting another one and also going to school part time. However, if I'm not a full time student I don't get health insurance. So that means that my mother wanted me to keep being a full time student. My father wanted me to get a full time job, that comes with benefits. I wanted to be a part time student with a part time job. Since I am a practical person however, I didn't do that. I ended up registering to be a full time student again.... this morning.

So, I woke up at 6:30 because registration was supposed to open at 7:00. Did it? Of course not. I sat there trying to register for the next hour and ten minutes. As I was just about to give up and go to school to register in person, I got in. I pressed the button one last time, just to see what would happen and... yes!!! I got the schedule I put together with no hitch. It's not my ideal schedule, I mean I'm not thrilled with all my classes, but it's a passable schedule. So what am I taking? Intoduction to Anthropology, English Literature II, The Psychology of Women (don't ask), and Urban Sociology. They should all be at least somewhat interesting. The only class that I have thus far experienced is Psychology. I'm not going to enjoy this class too much. The teacher is a bit odd, exuberant about her subject, which I guess is a good thing. However, she is one of those people that just really gets on your nerves. There isn't anything inherently wrong with her, she's just a pest. She's going to make us work in groups some of the time, I really hate that. I'm not a group worker. I end up doing all the work anyway, so why put me in a group, hmm?

So, after school, on my way home, I bought a couple of slices of pizza, ate them, then tried not to pass out from exhaustion before work. That worked out pretty well, I made it to work without incident, lol. I was supposed to cover for another teacher, so I did. His class is insane! One kid licked my ear, and there were a couple of twins there who were definitely sick. Can't wait to come down with something, lol. So, I'm even more tired now, surprise surprise. Anyway, that was my day. Let me know how yours was....

No comments: