Thursday, March 16, 2006

So today at work I flipped a lot of children. I didn't flip them off, but I did flip them over. The other gymnastics teacher hooked the kids up to this belt contraption with straps coming out of it. We had them doing back-handsprings from the trampoline onto a mat. Instead of carrying their full weight, we strapped this belt thing to them and they flipped backwards while we pulled on the straps. It was pretty cool actually. I had to demonstrate a few times, minus the belt. I haven't done one of those things in like 5 years. It was cool. I also suggested that we start doing combinations with the kids. Since we're doing back-handsprings anyway, they are made for coming after round-offs. So, to clarify, we're going to be doing round-off pop back-handsprings. For those of you who have no freak'n clue what I'm talking about, just bear with me a little longer while I tell you what happened on the train this morning.

Ok, so I was riding the F train to school this morning as per usual. The train stopped at Roosevelt Ave. and an announcement came over the loud speaker. 'Um, someone was assaulted on the platform a little while ago, there will be police arriving and an investigation going on. There is a V train across the platform going to... Coming shortly will be another F train running on the local line if you want to transfer over.' So, I was thinking to myself, why are you people announcing this? I mean, I know I didn't beat anyone up, but no one else does. I could be the attacker, I could be standing next to the attacker. Don't you want everybody on the train to stay put so that the police can catch the person? If this is how our safety is being monitored I'd say, be scared, very scared. That's really all I have to say now. My final comment on this: WOW! Oh the stupidity. Damn, we're doomed.

Ok, I'm done, I promise. Ti muneh neravishseh (I like you). Bye for now people!

No comments: