Sunday, April 30, 2006

First, I must start out by mentioning that my birthday, counting from tomorrow, is in 18 days! Woohoo, I'll be legal! Yay! I can get rip roaring drunk, yahoo! Well, I mean I can do that LEGALLY now, lol. Actually, I have no particular interest in getting drunk. I only care that I can now order some wine or something like that in a restaurant, besides that, I care very little.

Anyway, let me tell you about my weekend. I'll start with today, Sunday. I was woken up this morning by my friend this morning at about 7:45am. My boyfriend stayed the night, so I guess he was woken up also. Maybe we were both already somewhat awake, I don't know, I'm too tired to remember. Either way, she had been out all night and decided to come by my house. So she got to my house around 8:10am, and told me all about her night. All of us had gone to sleep sooo late, which would probably explain why I'm so tired right now. Hmm....

So, Saturday started out with my boyfriend coming to pick me up around 1:30, my stepfather kept us from leaving for about a half hour, maybe 45 minutes, by telling us stories. We had plans to go to an ice skating rink, but it closed to the public at 3:45, so we had to get there, ya know, before it closed. Also, we had to find the damn place first. I knew where it was in general, he knew the area, between the two of us, we still got lost for a little bit. Not "oh my god I don't know where I am," lost, but a tad turned around. Finally we made it there, with just about a half hour to skate. I figured that was plenty of time, so we paid and went in. There are many battles when it comes to ice skating. The first battle is being able to stand up, the second is walking. It's difficult because if you don't hold your legs stiffly, but loosely at the same time, your ankles keep turning in, which is not only aggravating, but it also hurts. Anyway, I ended up going around the rink a few times, then we left. We went to go eat at Ben's Deli in Carl Place. After eating at the "kosher" deli, we took a tour of the history section of Barnes & Noble, then went and foraged around Roosevelt Fields for a while.

My boyfriend is the best. He wandered in and out of stores, girly stores, with me. Not just one or two girly stores, but I a lot of them. I didn't actually buy anything, but he was sweet to wander around with me. I also got to show him my all time favorite couch. It's called Lancaster, they sell it at Restoration Hardware. It is the most comfortable couch ever. It's also just good looking, ya know, for a couch. We also went into a sports store and a video game store for him. I think most of the activities we did yesterday, I planned. Actually, except for Ben's and Barnes & Noble, I planned everything. Even the things that I didn't plan exactly, I decided to do. So, as I said, my boyfriend is the best. Next week he gets to plan stuff, lol.

After the mall, we went to eat at Tofu, a Japanese/Chinese restaurant in Bay Terrace. I haven't been there in a really long time, and I was craving their diced chicken with peanuts, lol. Unfortunately, it wasn't as good as I remembered it, but still good. Then we went to go see American Deamz. The best thing about this movie was Dennis Quaid's impersonation of President Bush, and Willem Dafoe's impersonation of Cheney. Seriously, even if you don't want to see the movie, see it for that. When we were still in Tofu, my boyfriend decided he was much too tired to drive back home after bringing me home after the movie. So he just stayed over. He really was very tired. Poor baby : (

After we got back to my house, the calls increased. What calls you ask? My friend had been calling me all day, asking if she could stay at my house for the night. Well, I was discouraging her, but I told her she could if she had too. Well she didn't end up staying, as I said right at the beginning of this blog entry, she came over at about 8:10am. So, I come full circle, and end my blog.... Almost.

My boyfriend, the bestest ever, drove me to work, and my friend home, happens to be the same stop, however, it was still really sweet of him. I was at work, I did a birthday party, I took the bus to my dad's house, my mom picked me up, we went to visit my grandparents, we came home, ate dinner, and now I'm sitting here doing this. Wow, most complete blog entry ever. Whew.... that was tiring. Lol.

So, how was your weekend?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow ! You do have a great time ... and hard to believe you're just 17 .. I'm 19 myself and your posts sound like you're older than me .. By the way , i'm the same 'anonymous' who posted a comment sometime back ... maybe i should change my name .. What do you think ? :)

"So, how was your weekend?" .. Was that directed at the general public ? ;)

If so , i don't remember what i did last weekend .. Think i just lazed around and hoped college wouldn't reopen ... (We had hols and it reopened on tuesday :( )

Not much more to say .. So i guess that's it from my side .. Keep up the interesting posts ...

Well, happy birthday in advance , don't get "rip-roaring drunk" too often , and basically .. well , cheers ! :)