Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Well, my weekend didn't really get much better after Friday night. I was sickish. I didn't feel very well. It didn't matter very much what we did. I was in a kind of bad mood, I guess because of my under the weather feeling. We went to Union Square and wandered around the area. We went to Barnes & Noble and then to The Strand (as I am told it is called). I would have just called it Strands, but oh well. It's an old bookstore in the city known for having hard to find copies of books and also first editions of things. They also have your average book too. My boyfriend got a couple of books on some of his favorite people, and he got a copy of The Velveteen Rabbit. I love the story, it's sad, but it's one of those all's well that end's well things. It was very sweet of him.

After the bookstores we went to Au Bon Pan, a "French" bakery chain. It has good cookies and so on. I got four cookies, and mistakenly left them in my boyfriend's bag later, so he still has them, hehe. After the bakery (which we really only went in there to sit down), we decided we were hungry. So we went to this Thai place in the square called Republic. Someone told me it's supposed to be very good. So we sent in there, but it was very crowded. Apparently this place does cafeteria style seating. That means that they sit you at a long table full of a bunch of strangers. It's not really my thing, but it didn't bother me too much. My boyfriend didn't like it. He said he felt like it was as if they just threw you in anywhere and left you. Well, I guess that is sort of what they do, but it's a new fad, the cafeteria style seating thing. Whatever, we left. We wandered around for twenty minutes or so, then found ourselves almost back where we started, at the restaurant next door to the one we had left. I believe it was called Homeland Brewery. It was an American style restaurant/bar thing. The food wasn't bad. It was nothing spectacular, but it was ok. The waiter was pretty rude though. I am usually an overzealous tipper, but I wasn't that night.

So, after we left the restaurant we went back into the subway system and went back into my area. We wanted to see Borat, but it was sold out. We ended up seeing Marie Anoinette. I thought it was a pretty bad movie. As far as movies go, I think it was directed badly. I guess it was pretty good at depicting the loose way with which the French aristocracy threw money around while the peasants were being taxed to death. Other than that, as I'm sure my boyfriend could tell you... it wasn't historically accurate. We never saw one suffering peasant. I don't know, four people in the theater walked out mid movie. I kind of wanted to do that as well. Over all I just thought it was a boring movie. Excellent costumes though. I mean the clothes were great. Hehe.

After the movie, we walked back to my house, watched TV for about a half hour and my boyfriend went home.

So that was my weekend. I've also been a little sick. I have this cold that may or may not turn into the flu eventually. I've been sneezing my brains out, and I had a little sinus thing last night, felt like my eye was gonna pop out my head. Lol.

So how was your weekend? What did you all do? Have fun?

No comments: