Thursday, January 04, 2007

Ok, I don't really want to write about my trip to CA. Let's just say that the majority of it was fun. I got to see family I haven't seen since last year. The kids all got taller. It's amazing how they do that from year to year. Anyway, we didn't see any sights this time out. We really just hung out. Stayed on the baby's schedule. We woke up everyday at 7:00am and had "brunch" at 9:00am. I always thought that brunch was more of a meal between 11:00am and 2:00pm. Anyway, we had fun. The only bad thing was the coming and the going. I don't really like flying. The airline lost one of our suitcases on the way there, and lost all of them on the way back. Now THAT was aggravating. On the way back to NY the wind was blowing pretty hard in Burbank CA. What does that mean? It means that either the plane had to lighten its load of people, or its load of gas. Since nobody was willing to take a later flight, the plane only took enough gas to get us to Palm Springs. So we landed there to refuel. As a side note, happened to be where President Ford's plane was waiting for him. Anyway, for some reason it took about an hour to refuel. We missed out connecting flight at Dallas Fort Worth. When we got there, the next flight was going out immediately. So we ran to the other side of the airport and boarded the new plane. We asked, "Will our luggage be put on this plane?" "Yes, of course, while you were traveling to this port (or w/e it's called for a plane), your luggage was traveling by ground." Oh please. When we landed in Laguardia at 9:30pm our luggage was not there. We went to find out where it was. Apparently, it was on the next flight, due to come in at 11:30. We could have gone on that flight if our luggage would have been put on it. Anyway, we finally got our luggage back and went to find our car. We got to it at about 12:30am and we went to go eat something. Diner at 1:00am, I do not recommend. So that was my trip to CA. I took lots of pictures, I'll post the sight when I get around to posting the pictures on it.

Ok... New Years Eve... My boyfriend and I planned to go to a nice Italian restaurant in Roslyn. He made a reservation for 10:00pm. I know that's late. He did this because they told him they were going to have post new years festivities. They lied. Or they just thought more people would be there, I don't know. Our waiter left about twenty minutes after we got there. It took me three tries to get a coke. The food was ok, nothing special. They were taking inventory, vacuuming, and just hanging around by 11:00pm. We were one of two tables that were full. The valet came into the restaurant handed Rich his car keys and said good night. They basically kicked us out by 11:45pm. We spent the next hour driving around looking for somewhere to toast in the new year. We did stop the car mid road at midnight. We had a nice long happy new year kiss. It's amazing really, nothing was open. Every bar we passed was closed. I figured they would be open late on new years. Anyway, we ended up at a bar around the corner from my boyfriend's house. We had one glass of bad champagne and then went back to his house, and finished off a bottle of good champagne. We danced a little, and talked, and eventually went to sleep. It was my best new years eve. They've always been somewhat bad before.

I don't really have anything else to say. The rest of my weekend was really not very active. I spent it with my boyfriend and his family, but we didn't really do anything. I did manage to get addicted to one of my boyfriend's car racing computer games though, lol.

Anyway, have a good day, month, year people. Happy New Year!

No comments: