Sunday, January 07, 2007

So, today is Sunday, officially one week into the new year. When I deposited my paycheck, I wrote '06. I just realized that. My first mistake of the year, lol. I don't think the bank noticed though, so, all's good.

Last Thursday, I went bowling with my boyfriend. We went to the only local bowling alley left, near Queens College. I guess people don't really bowl anymore? Local bowling alleys have been closing for years. Anyway, I can't bowl, seriously, I suck. I mean, I used to be better when there was a bowling alley up my block, but that closed years ago. I think the first game I bowled a 43, or something like that, and my boyfriend bowled 70 something. Ok, we both suck. In the middle of the second game, I got a call from my mother. My grandmother was in the hospital with pneumonia. Turns out she doesn't have pneumonia, but whatever. So we finished our game, I mean what else could we do? I bowled a 17 and I can't remember if my boyfriend broke 100. He got two strikes in a row in the last frame, and one almost strike, hehe. Ok, he's better at bowling than I am. When we play pool, he still tends to win, but it's a little for fair.

Anyway, he came back over for dinner on Friday night. My mom got home from work around 5:00pm, and then she and my stepdad went over to the hospital. I was left at home to cook. So, for my mom and stepdad, those wacky vegetarians, I made salmon. It was pretty plain, just grilled with a little bit of parsley. For my boyfriend and me, I made lemon chicken. I didn't have a recipe, I just guessed. I had three pieces of chicken cutlets, and three lemons. I took the chicken (washed it of course), and put it on a plate. I poured the juice from one lemon over the chicken and let it sit there for a while. Then I loosely breaded the chicken. I poured another lemon's juice over the chicken again. I added some extra breading to the plate for thickening. I put some lemon peels on top of the chicken also. I put some lemon zest on the bottom of the pot, before putting the chicken in it. I poured the last lemon into the pot and mixed it with about a teaspoon of tomato sauce and a little bit of oil. All of that together coated the bottom of the pot. I put the chicken inside and baked on 345 degrees until it was cooked. When it was done I put some parsley and sauteed onions on top of the chicken and served it. I also, stir fried some snow peas with garlic, onions, and parsley. I added some pepper and just the smallest amount of salt. I made wild rice to go with the salmon (I burned it a little bit), and I made some linguini to go with the chicken. I made a garlic and oil sauce to go on top of it. And that's it.

After dinner my boyfriend and I lounged about a bit, then we went for a walk. We ended up circling half of my town. We didn't get back until 3:30am. It was a long walk, and we stopped to get ice cream and pretzels on the way. When we got home we basically just went to sleep. My boyfriend wasn't feeling too well at that point, so I didn't set the alarm for the morning. We ended up walking up around 12:00pm. We both took showers, had a little fight, made up, and went for lunch. We went to the best local pizza place and had... you guessed it, pizza. It was very good. We just wandered around town a little bit after that, went in and put of a few stores. I needed to go the optometrists office. I need new glasses. So, I went there, I picked the frames and found out how much it will cost to have them made with my wacky prescription. Ok, not wacky, I'm just far sighted instead of near sighted. Anyway, after that we walked back to my house. My boyfriend carried me a little bit, lol. I was tired. We got back to my house talked a bit, ate a little snack, and watched a bit of TV. We fell asleep for a half hour or so. We left my house around 8:30pm, and went for dinner. We drove to a good Chinese/Japanese place called Tofu. It was good. We thought about going to a movie, but we had just missed all of them by like 10 minutes. I hate starting movies in the middle.

We ended up back at my house and we watched Minority Report. I got it on DVD a while ago, and never watched it. I recommend it. By the time it was over, it was after 3:30am, so my boyfriend went home. I miss him already.

Today isn't worth talking about, this is the most productive thing I have done thus far today. Ya know, there are a lot of bad movies on Sunday afternoon. Well, tomorrow, I'm off to work, so I'm just relaxing for the day.

How was your first week of 2007 people? How was your first weekend?

No comments: