Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Hello All....

I'm sorry I haven't written in a few days.  I did warn you though that it was going to be hard for me to maintain the blog everyday.  You wouldn't think it would be so hard, but it is.

I just have not been feeling very creative lately.  I haven't written anything.  I feel very backed up actually.  It's like creative constipation.  I haven't taken any photographs and I haven't written... anything.  My mystery story lies woefully unfinished.  It's starting to depress me actually.  I must have a first draft of my completed story by this time next week!

Moving on...  My wedding dress is here.  Ok, well, it's not here with me.  However, it is at the store.  After I drop off the final payment I can pick it up whenever I want.  I'm not even going to try it on until at least next Friday.  As for picking it up...  I don't have a check for them right now, but aside from that, I'm not thrilled about the dress spending so many months in my little closet.  I somehow didn't factor that into my expectations of weddings dresses and fittings.  I thought there would be multiple fittings, three at least.  Now that I think about it, it makes sense not to keep trying and altering the dress.  That can't be good.  There is a fitting 8-6 weeks before the wedding.  Assuming I don't lose (or gain) any weight after that, it should all be good.  I'm assuming I can always have some sort of last minute alteration if I have to, but frankly, my weight doesn't fluctuate all that much.  I will attempt to lose weight, a little bit, in a few months.  Until then, I think I am happy enough with myself.

Bridesmaids dresses.  I have chosen the colors.  Berry and Eggplant.  I am letting my bridesmaids pick the style of the dress they want, I don't want to torture anyone.  Imposing a color or two is bad enough.  I'm just telling them that they must get the dress from Alfred Angelo so that the colors all match.  I also told them I want them to get their shoes from Nina shoes.  Style- Forbes.  Color- Grape Luster.  They are nice, the heel isn't too high, and they are comfortable.  Also, it seems that Grape in Nina is basically the same color as Eggplant in Alfred Angelo, always nice.

Now if I can just find a time when we can all meet and look at dresses together....

No comments: