Monday, January 24, 2011

I'm sitting here at work now and I just wanted to mention that I saw a dinosaur today.  He (maybe she?) walked up to desk and asked if we had any classes for his two daughters.  I really wasn't sure what to say.  I mean it isn't very often that we get his kind.  I don't want to seem as though I am discriminatory, but... there really isn't any room for him in the classes.  I don't mean that we are overflowing with registration.  I mean just what I say.  He does not fit in the classrooms.

After explaining this to him, he asked if we could set up a private gymnastics class for his daughters. 

"Unfortunately, we only have the gymnastics equipment set up during classes, sir."
"Oh.  Well do you have anyone that does private tutoring?  They could come to my home."
"Your home?"
"Yes, I have a very large area of my cave in the basement.  Would I have to get anything?"
"Well... I'm not really sure.  You would have to talk to the teacher about that.  I would assume that at the very least you need mats.  I actually know someone who might be interested.  He does personal training, he's a physical therapist, and he teaches gymnastics."
"Oh!  Can you give me his number?"
"Well... I'm not at liberty to divulge that information to customers.  If you leave your name and number I'll give him the information."
"You won't forget about me as soon as I leave?"
"I don't think I could even if I wanted to, sir.  You're very memorable."

It turns out that my recommendation worked out.  It just goes to show that dinosaurs are people just like everyone else.

No comments: