Sunday, January 09, 2011

It seems I have managed not to post anything since 2008. That was wrong of me, I apologize. I would love to post everyday and tell you all that I do plan to post everyday, but somehow I don't see myself keeping that promise. Don't give up hope though, it might happen...

Since 2008 I've gotten engaged to Rich, by boyfriend from previous posts. We're getting married this year (THIS YEAR!), in August. The date is coming up fast and there is a lot to do. I've picked the dress, bought the dress, now I'm waiting for the dress. First fitting, WOO!!! You'd think I would be trying to lose weight. I'm not working on that too well yet. It's not like I'm gaining weight, I would like to lose about 15lbs, just fot the occasion. I also need to strengthen my back, get more definition and lose general flab. So far to accomplish all this I've drunk a case of coke over the last two weeks. That doesn't mean that when I'm not home I don't drink coke by the way. I am also eating m&m's. Not the healthiest diet ever. My goal until August is to drastically cut the amount of soda I take in. I'm not going to buy it for the house anymore and I'm going to order seltzer when I go to restaurants as much as I can stand. I'm still going to have an occasional coke, maybe with Chinese food or pizza. For some reason when I eat those two foods I need a coke, NEED, a coke. It cuts the grease I guess. Let's just face it, Coke makes the world go 'round.

I've gotten my dress. Done. Check.

I've picked and booked the venue (Westbury Manor). Done. Check.

I've... That's it. I am still in need of a photographer/videographer, florist, and D.J. Don't get me wrong, it's not like I haven't been looking. I think I've found the D.J. that I want, Bravura Entertainment (http://www.bravuraentertainment.com/main.html). They are really nice and frankly, I just like them. I've seen/met with five different photographers and spoken to many more. The problem is that, as I'm sure you know, photography is the second most expensive thing for your wedding. I don't want to pay that much for a service I am not thrilled with. I have taken photography classes, I know what a good picture is, and I know what style I like. I don't want everything to be posed. I want some spontaneity in the photographs. Sometimes the best pictures aren't planned and I'd like the photographer I choose to believe that as much as I do. I'm not saying that I don't want some posed pictures for my wedding. I want all the traditional stuff, I just would like a more photojournalistic approach. They all tell me they can do this, then they show me their albums. Posed, posed, posed, posed, and posed. I think the best deal I'm going to get is from The Wedding Box in Flushing. They offer a package that includes every service you could want. You can rent your bridal gown from them, the guys can rent their tuxes, 8 hour limo service, make up and hair for the bride and the bridal party, oh, and of course the photography and videography. I actually really like their videography, the photography is ok, it's better than some of the photographers I've seen. It's not exactly what I want, but I'm starting to think what I want doesn't really exist. I don't want to take part of all their services, but I wouldn't mind getting a trial for the hair and make up.

As far as the florist goes... I am not especially into flowers, but I'd still like a nice arrangement. My colors are: chartreuse, a darkish purple (not completely sure on the shade yet), and royal blue. My flowers will reflect that. I like the look of submergeable flowers, orchids for the most part.




I'll talk more about my arrangement later. It's actually time for me to go to bed. I've forgotten how much I enjoy writing in my blog. I'll be sure to keep it up.

No comments: