Monday, February 07, 2011

Taking a little break from my story.  I've written part of chapter 3, but I'm not done with it yet.

I've decided that since at the moment I'm not working on Tuesday and Wednesday's I should take advantage, or take more advantage of my free time.  Since I am a member of Lucille Roberts I am going to actually go to the gym.  Shocking, I know.  Tomorrow, I am going to take an ab class.  It's at 5:15, so I'm going to get there about an hour earlier and do some cardio, get myself stretched and warmed up.  I'm having dinner with a friend later so I hope I don't leave too smelly, hehe.

Today my day was alright, went to work.  My nursery class started with a lovely little boy spitting on the floor.  When I asked him what he was doing, his response was to rub his foot in the saliva.  I pulled him away from the class and he got to sit out for the remainder.  What bothered me more than the spitting was the insistence of my nemesis that we make this child feel bad about what he had done for the rest of the class.  She said, "Let's play ring around the rosy, he likes that game, he'll feel bad that he couldn't play."  I don't think that level of passive aggressive behavior is necessary.  I do consider it passive because she was speaking to me and not to the boy.  The rest of the kids were playing, he was sitting there watching, I don't think aiming an activity at him is necessary, like I said.

The most exciting that happened in gymnastics was an unexpected nose bleed.  A girl was standing there and then all of a sudden there was some blood on the floor.  We had to give her a nice gauze pad in which to absorb her blood and put an ice pack on her nose all while she was squeezing it.  It didn't take long to stop bleeding.  She just had to sit out for a few minutes, 8 at the most.  I had to clean the blood off the floor, that was fun.  Lysol wipes are wonderful.

Dinner got a little screwed up also.  My father and I went to get sandwiches.  I always order the same basic thing, turkey or roast beef on a bagel with lettuce.  I don't like tomatoes, not raw anyway.  I also generally hate condiments.  I just don't like unnecessary liquid mush on my food.  I really have a special hatred for mustard.  I won't eat mayo either, I think it's gross, but mustard has a certain smell to it which nauseates me.  So, I order my roast beef sandwich.  Dry.  My father orders his traditional jewish, roast beef, mustard on rye.  We get back to his house, we sit down to watch House on TV, we take out our food and, BAM!  My sandwich has mustard on it.  I was disgusted and pissed off.  I would have taken it back, but it was cold and House was starting.  I picked off the most meat that I could and ate it with way too many potato chips, trying to compensate for not having enough meat.  The left over mustardy meat goes towards my father's lunch tomorrow.  I was disappointed.  Actually, I'm hungry now because I didn't really eat enough dinner.

Ok, so that was my day... I'm going to go look for a salad or something of the sort.

No comments: