Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Friendship is an interesting question.  How do we know who our real friends are?  Is there even such a thing in a friendship?  People change over their life time, is it possible for us to keep the same friends?  I think I have had, since childhood, about ten close friends, not all at the same time.  I'm also not including family in this grouping.  Of those ten people, how many of them do I still talk to?  Maybe four or five, but they are not all still very close to me.  I would say that at the moment I have two friends who I see on a regular basis and whom I can talk to.

I never expect friendships to last forever.  But, it makes me sad that they don't.  Am I going to be able to rely on the same people I have now, in ten years?  How about five years?  Will I still even be talking to them?  Life changes in unexpected ways.  One never knows what tomorrow will bring.

I'd say generally speaking there is a leader friend and follower friend.  I am a follower.  Yes, I have opinions, but I'd say I leave plans up to other people, I very rarely make people do things they don't want to do and when I do, I feel guilty about it.  I don't care what the general population thinks about me, but I do care what my friends think of me.  I am easy to speak to and have a tendency to be the listener of the group, even though sometimes, I can't shut up.  Do we all sensor our thoughts and emotions with our friends?  I do.  I think it's a good practice.  We have a billion thoughts coming into our heads all the time, if we said everything we thought, whether it be nice or not, the world would be a much noisier place.

I know I'm rambling and not making the most sense in the world, I am just trying to do a study of friendship.  I'll probably continue later.

No comments: