Monday, September 12, 2011

Some people are scared of failure to such a degree that they are afraid to ever complete anything.  Others strive to complete anything, afraid of not finishing enough.  I find it interesting how these two very different types of people are also so similar.  They are both afraid of not fulfilling some sort of promise they've made to themselves (or others) about what their allotment of accomplishment is in life.  However, one is too scared to try and the other is too scared not to try.  They are opposite sides of a coin.  Oxymoronic, I know.

Anyway, moving on.  I'm starting to look for apartments.  I would like to stay in my general area, it's nice, it's safe, and it's close to the subway.  I can't live anywhere I can't get to work from.  I also can't live anywhere my husband can't get to work from.  He likes my area.  In the next couple of weeks, we'll probably start looking in person.  As for right now, I'm looking to see what's out there on the world wide web.

Looking for apartments is scary because you don't know what you're going to find.  You don't know if the pictures you see are going to match what you expect or not.  You don't know if what you can afford and what you need are going to mesh perfectly, they probably never do.  I expect any apartment we get to be some sort of compromise between what we need and what we can afford, but that's life.  I just want to get a place and start a life together.  That's really all that matters.

Gotta be happy.

No comments: