Friday, February 10, 2012

I'm doing it again.  Neglecting my blog.  I do care about it, but mostly I wonder if anyone reads it.  I'm really not sure since hardly anyone ever comments.  Does that matter though?  I mean, I write in this thing more as a catharsis for myself and less as a means of communication with the world.  However, the fact of the matter is that since this is a blog and not a private journal, I do expect it to get read and dissected by others, whether they know me or not.   Do I do my part?  Not really.  There are a couple of blogs that I follow, when I remember to.  Do I comment?  Nah.  I can understand why people don't comment on my page, yet, when someone I know in the real world tells me that they know I have a blog and just doesn't read it...  I'm not insulted exactly, but maybe... bewildered.  Why not just not mention it?

Again, I am sitting here at work, eagerly awaiting departure time.  I make it sound like I'm waiting for a plane.  I have about a half hour until I can leave.  Not so long.  I should download another book before I get on the train.  My ipod is dead and sitting on the coffee table at home, that won't help with my commute.  Fortunately, getting home is just a slight nuisance, not pure torture like it is for others.  I've got to say though, that while the travel isn't long, standing on a packed train, is really not very much fun.  Especially, when there's nothing to hold and you keep falling into other people.  My favorite is when you're standing in one spot and you have to shift to let someone pass you and then your shifted spot is not your permanent spot.  The shifted spot is always less comfortable than the original.  For me it usually involves being in someone's armpit.  I'm not a fan of the armpit.  It's just... not a very attractive part of human anatomy, and let's face it; the armpit has a tendency to stink.  Since this is winter, I'm spared the naked pit for the most part, but there are always people...

Okay, I'm nauseating myself.  Plans for the weekend anyone?  I still have to write thank you notes.  I know, I know, I'm evil.  I just haven't had time.  It requires concentration and uninterrupted time.  Time is the word of the day.  I wish I had more of it.  Or, rather, I wish I was able to use the majority of my day more productively.  Oh woes me.  Blah.  I'm tired.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm reading it! It's got great content, keep it up :)