Sunday, January 31, 2016

Meowra came home from work today and she was tired and I could tell she wasn't feeling too well, so I thought I'd try to cheer her up a bit.  She walked into the apartment and immediately the Orange one ran to her yelling in her usual way.  The Black one was sleeping and when she sleeps, she's out there.  The only time she's zen is when she's unconscious.  Anyway, once the orange one woke the Black one up, they were both running around at Meowra's feet like furry little idiots.  I don't know why they do that.  The Orange one seems desperate for human touch, but when they touch her, she bites them.  I asked her why once, but she just swiped at me and ran away.  I guess it's personal.  The black one seriously doesn't know what she wants, but she wants it.  She was weaving in and out of Meowra's feet making her almost fall.  I caught the Black one smiling, I think she's decided it's funny to play cute and then plop.  It almost seems like a game.  If Meowra or Neown fall down 100 points, almost fall down 50 points, stop to pet the plopped cat 25 points, and if the humans don't even notice her, 0 points.  Maybe I should get in on this.

Sorry, I went off on a tangent.  Meowra came home today and was looking kind of ehh.  While she was trying to get through the other two, I did not run over to her, but I hid.  I've been spending a lot of time on this great padded box lately.  It's right in front of the heat and it's just so comfortable.  I knew she'd look for me there, and in all my other usual haunts (the bed, under the covers on the bed, under the bed, the bedroom couch, under the bedroom couch, etc...).  I'm not going to give away the location, it's mine!  If I say anything about it, it will get out somehow to the others and I'll have to fight for it.  Frankly, I'd rather just keep it secret, so... go away.

Oh yeah, so Meowra is through the door (finally) and she took off her outer fur (I'll never understand humans.  They don't have fur, but they put things on that are kind of like fur when they go out, it's weird.), and she goes and sits on the couch.  She takes off her shoes, she gets up, gets different shoes (like I said, humans, right?) and a drink.  She sits back down and she realized she hadn't seen me yet.  I kind of thought she would have noticed earlier, but whatever.  She looks on the padded box, she looks in the bedroom, she starts looking under things.  I'm nowhere to be found.  She even open the door to the outside to see if I'm there (long story, but it's happened before).  I wasn't outside.  I'm in my secret spot watching all of this on my secret kitty cams.

Before we go any further I would just like to make it clear.  I have the house wired.  Every nook and cranny, I have it on a live video feed.  I can't take any chances with another four people in the house.  When it was just the humans and the Orange one I could just look around, no big deal.  Then the Black one came, and she can be everywhere all at once.  I do not like surprises and she does those sneak attack things.  No, I'm not paranoid.

So, I'm in my spot watching Meowra go from curious, to freaked, to scared when she seems to get an idea.  She sits down on the couch and starts exploring her facebook page (yeah I was on catbook for a while, but I really don't need to catch up with my litter mates and the only other person I talked to was Heowld, and I see him anyway).  She starts humming.  I get a twinge of excitement.  Then she starts singing and I just can't take it.  It's like... a need washes over me.  I need to go to Meowra.  I don't even know if I like her voice, but when I hear that song, our song, I just have to run to her.  She might have seen me come out of my spot, I'm not sure, but I didn't care at the time, I jumped up on the couch next to her and sat in her lap as she petted me.  I woke up as the sun was going down and Meowra was sitting next to me.  I had lost maybe hours and hours, hard to tell.  She had clipped my claws, I know that.  She gave me that innocent human look, but I know my nails were lethal when I fell asleep and now they're just puny.

That human of mine, she's a sneaky one.  I'll have to watch her more closely from now on.  At least she seems less ehh now that I'm with her.  Maybe that's all she needed, a little Deownny time.  I'm off now, the Black one needs to be washed.  Good fur to you.

No comments: