Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Today I was woken up by the carpet guy. Let me explain what this means. Around 9:00am, a rather large gentleman yells down my stairs, "Carpet man!" Then he proceeds to come down my steps measuring as he goes. Now my staircase is rather, shall we say, precarious? It's narrow, and the steps are also rather narrow, and as I mentioned before this man was not rather narrow. Every time this guy bent down I thought he was either going to have a heart attack or tumble down the steps. Meanwhile, I was still lying in bed cornered in my pajamas. I couldn't get out of bed for fear of the large carpet man, SEEING me. I mean I wasn't naked or anything, but I was in my pjs for god's sake! If my mother had told me this man was coming, I would not only have been out of bed, but in clothes as well. After this guy got out of my room, he went upstairs to measure the living room and the stairs up there. I got somewhat dressed and followed him around, like a good little suspicious person, lol. It just really bothered me that I wasn't told he was coming. Grr....

As for the rest of the day it was pretty uneventful. I watched TV, I read a bit. Later my dad picked me up and together we went into the city to pick up his girlfriend. She had gotten them sushi for dinner. I don't eat sushi, so I got to eat leftover chicken. Was fun. After "dinner" we all went to go get ice cream. Good ice cream. Unfortunately, now I'm hungry again... Oh well. Did I mention that my oven no longer works, isn't that wonderful. The construction workers did something to it, I don't know what, but apparently we're going to be eating out a lot for a while.

Sigh....

No comments: