Saturday, April 22, 2006

Well today is Saturday April 22nd. I officially have to go back to school on the 24th, my vacation is almost at an end, boo hoo : - (

So, since last I wrote, I hung out with my friend a lot. We really haven't been seeing each other all that much lately, so since we were both free we hung out. We had a jewnic in the park (term coined by my friends friend, lol). What is a jewnic you ask? Well let me tell you, it involved fruit, candy, and oh yes the ever important matzah. It was good. We also wandered around the park a bit. We saw people rowing boats, so we were making fun of how they were doing it, however, we wanted to be doing it too, lol. Then we saw a gondola in the lake. The guy rowing was dressed in authentic gear, i.e. black and white striped shirt and straw hat with red ribbon. He was also decked out with his cell phone. He was singing to the couple in the boat and all of a sudden he stopped to answer his phone, lol. It was especially funny because a few Italian tourists walked by and saw this gondola. I think they said something to the effect of, 'only in New York.' That was hilarious.

The next day it was almost 80 degrees in New York. So my friend and I had lunch and then walked around our area. We explored some places she had never walked through, so it was fun, if a little too hot for us. After our little jaunt she went to go take the required 5 hour driving class people need to take in NY to get their license. I think she thought it was GREAT FUN! While she was doing that, my boyfriend came over. We hung out for a while, then went to dinner and a movie. For dinner we went to the California Pizza Kitchen, we had to break Passover, since it was officially over. Then we saw Thank You For Smoking. I highly recommend it, it was really very good. Witty, and a good view of what our society has turned into.

Yesterday, I took my friend to the city. We ate at the Shake Shack. One friend of mine says he walked by and it smelled. I don't know where he was smelling, but to each's own. Anyway, most people really like this place. I had to wait on a line for just about 50 minutes to get a couple of burgers and shakes. I get incredibly impatient on lines, I don't like them and tend to refuse to stand on them, however, my friend was holding our table, so I went on the line. The only reason I made it through the experience alive was because I was talking to my boyfriend on the phone the majority of the time. So.... Thank You Sweety!!! Mwahh. Oh yeas, after eating we went to Chinatown so my friend could get on the bus to Philadelphia. I don't like crowds of people, therefore I don't like Chinatown. End of story.

Today, I plan to take a shower (now that the boiler has been fixed), walk to my dad's house, then go out later with my boyfriend. I think we're going to go bowling, lol. Wow I haven't done that in a while. We'll see how badly I suck, lol. Ciao!!!

No comments: