Sunday, April 23, 2006

Well, today was a boring, but good day. For me not for everyone. For instance, the wheels on my mom's car were stolen last night. So she's not having such a great day. We live in a good neighborhood. The only problem with it, is that it has a somewhat high car theft rate. Maybe not high exactly, but it's really the only crime that goes on around here. My mother scared me actually. She does this whole what if thing. I was home with my boyfriend last night, he left pretty late. It was dark so even if the theft had happened neither he nor I would have noticed. So she was saying, what if the two of you walked out of the house and found them stealing my tires? What if they had guns? What if, what if what if. Chances are, if we saw people messing with my mom's car, which was right in front of the house, we would have just gone back into the house and called the cops. That's all that would have happened. Her what if crap makes me nervous. She's always done stuff like this. I'm used to it, but she can still be unnerving.

Anyway... Last night my boyfriend came to pick me up. It was really crappy weather for all you people who either didn't notice or who live elsewhere, where the weather was nice. It was pouring, and slightly chilly. So, he picked me up and we went to a near by restaurant, London Lenny's. It's a seafood restaurant, it's nice. Lol. The problem with this restaurant, is that parking in that area kinda sucks. So we drove around looking for parking for a while. However, we didn't end up too far away, so all was good. We only had to wait for a table for about fifteen minutes, and for that place that's also pretty good. We had a nice fishy meal. After eating we decided to go bowling. Why? Why not? So we went over to Flushing, it's the nearest bowling alley. I haven't been bowling since I was maybe eleven or twelve. So, I pretty much sucked, but that's ok, we weren't competing, although if we were, he would have won, lol. There were some interesting people there. When we first got there, in the lane next to us, was a few young guys and a girl or two, by young I mean somewhere around my age. They were probably college students. Anyway, one of them was completely insane, in a good way. He kept yelling at his ball, and the people with him, in a good natured way. Later, we were still there, and those guys left and some orthodox Jews came in. They were in the next lane to us. I mean we were sharing a ball return thingamajig. There were four or five of them. I don't remember exactly. They were highly interesting. They were innocent, in an orthodox kind of way. According to my boyfriend one of them kept checking me out. I kept saying, that's impossible, they're orthodox, they don't look at girls. Of course I was laughing as I said this, but, yeah. They kept taking our balls! It was kind of annoying. We didn't really want to share our balls with them, but somehow our balls kept intermingling!

I hope you all got a good laugh out of that, lol. After the bowling we went to a nice little cafe. I got a milkshake, my boyfriend got a iced coffee beverage, I believe. Then we came back to my house and just relaxed. It was a nice evening. I'm sorry it ended. Next weekend we plan to go ice skating. I'll keep you updated. Lol.

No comments: