Monday, November 20, 2006

So, I know I haven't written since last week, but I was busy... Sorry : - (

Anyway, last week was very busy. I worked everyday except Tuesday, and I couldn't walk that day. So yeah.

On to the weekend. Friday night my boyfriend came over for dinner. We all had fish, it went down swimmingly. After dinner I drove us down to thee old movie the-ater. We saw the newest installment in the James Bond franchise. We weren't expecting very much out of it, but it was actually very good. We didn't think we'd like the new James Bond, but we did. This movie was actually better than the last couple that came out.

So that was Friday. Saturday was kind of a lazy day, I don't know if you noticed. It took us forever to get out of the house. We didn't leave until sometime after three o'clock. We had lunch in Subway, then went into the subway and headed to the city. We went to the Metropolitan Museum of Art. I'm not the biggest fan of walking around museums, but my boyfriend is, and we were celebrating his birthday. We went to three of four different exhibits! That's a lot of standing/walking. Our feet hurt so much!! After the museum we planned to go to Whole Foods and buy... well, food. I was going to make dinner for the two of us. Turns out we were just too tired. We got back on the subway and tried to head home. On our way from one subway to the next, I got my heel caught in one of those run off grates they have by the subway stairs. I don't know why, but I thought it was hilarious. Somehow I managed to step back and get my other heel caught in the grate too. My boyfriend was trying to get me out of my boots, and I just sort of fell over. I grabbed on to the handrail and one boot came loose. After some hysterical laughing and cajoling, the other one eventually came out. I was laughing so hard that I almost stepped right back in the grate. My boyfriend ended up almost carrying me out of the subway. That was seriously funny, and I still don't know why. Meanwhile with all the boot trouble I had, I retwisted the same ankle again. Sheesh. I can walk and everything, but instead of being mostly heeled, my ankle is still tender. Oh well, life happens. Anyway, after making it back to my little town, we went to get dinner. There's this great local Italian place called Portofino. It tends to be very noisy and crowded, but the food is great. In honor of my boyfriends birthday I ordered us some champagne. We had a nice dinner, and then we walked back to my house. We watched some TV, and my boyfriend went home.

Sunday was quiet. I just stayed home and relaxed. Later my stepfather and I went to visit my grandparents. My mother was working so she couldn't come with us. After we got back home, I had to drive back over there to give them something. Then I went and got myself a sandwich, which I am about to eat.

Later, I am going to work, and my boyfriend is going to pick me up. Today is his real birthday, so his parents invited me over for dinner. His mom is getting him a Costco cake, and if you know anything about anything, you know that that's the cake to get! Lol. This morning I had to wait around for a carpet my mother ordered, but it's here now and I no longer have to worry about it, until tomorrow. I'll explain that later.

So how was your weekend people?

No comments: