Friday, January 14, 2011

Thursday was a very interesting day.  My boss texted me late Wednesday night and asked if I could possibly come into work Thursday at 9:30am rather than 2:00pm.  That would mean that I would be teaching from 9:30 to 6:00.  I said sure.  The she said she wasn't positive if I was going to need to come in. I said that I just needed to know before 8am on Thursday so that I would have time to get there.

Flash forward to Friday at 7:50am, I am not needed until my normal time.  Ugh.  So now I am having trouble falling back asleep.  Woo!  I got to work and found out that something bad had happened in the neighborhood, to a friend and co-worker the night before.  She was attacked going home.  I'm not going to get into it, but look, this is supposed to be a safe neighborhood!  It's also been happening in my fiance's area, and his is also supposed to be a safe area.  I know it's cliche, but what's the world coming to?!?!

Anyway, I taught my classes, nothing too exciting there.  I stayed at the office until almost 7:00, an hour after I finish, because I was waiting for my fiance.  We were going to have dinner together because we're not seeing each other this weekend.  He and his father went to Gettysburg, Pa.  They'll be back on Monday.  So, Rich and I had dinner at Manor Oktoberfest.  It's a German restaurant/ bar.  If you like that type of thing it's pretty good.  Unfortunately, it's not my favorite thing.  It wasn't bad.  I was freezing the entire time.  I'm not sure if that's because it was really cold in there, or because I'm just a cold person.  Either way, I had to huddle next to Rich just to keep my teeth from chattering.

We got back to my house and... nothing.  We were trying to watch a horrible movie.  Cop Out.  Bruce Willis and Tracey Morgan.  I do not recommend (it wasn't my idea to begin with, shhhh, don't tell Rich).    Rich fell asleep in the middle, which is ok, because I wanted to change the channel, hehe.  I ended up flipping channels until he woke up.  Then we talked until he had to go home.  He said he was sooo tired.  Apparently, Rich was so tired that when he got home he did work.  He stayed up until 5:40am working on his research.  5:40 AM!  At which point he texted me.  So, I was woken up again.  I think I would have rather he called me.  Less jarring maybe.  I don't know.  I know I shouldn't be angry at him for staying up so late, or early, but he was driving to PA today!  I mean, sheesh!

I had work today, so I had to be up at 8am anyway.  I never really fell back asleep after the texting.  So, I've been up since about 6am.  I know that isn't crazy early, I understand that.  However, since I do not wake up early unless I have to... that is early for me.  I went to work.  Co-taught 3 classes.  Then I went home.  I was supposed to meet up with a friend, but he had to cancel.  I was so tired that it worked out.  I would have fallen asleep.

I just came home and made lunch.  Then I really did fall asleep.  Very exciting, I know.  I had shabbat dinner with my mother and step father.  It was fine.  Same as usual.  Salmon.

I'm tired again, so I'm going to go lie down.

No comments: