Friday, January 20, 2012

Recently, I have felt sapped of all creative energy.  Not only haven't I written in my blog, but I haven't continued either of the two stories I am currently in the middle of writing either.  There is a fog hovering over my my brain making movement, i.e. thinking, useless.  I am exhausted when I wake up.  I am exhausted when I go to sleep.  Often, I am exhausted between the two.  Something about fluorescent lighting, harshly painted white walls, and the constant glare of a computer screen do not work together in my favor.

I am lucky to have everything that I do, but there is so much more that I want, more that I expect from myself.  Something doesn't have to be hard to fulfilling, I don't believe that.  Somehow though, it has to hold your interest.  If you are doing something repetitive and completely monotonous, you are either a boring person, or don't see yourself equipped to do something better.  There is of course the other option of having no other choice in the matter.



Truth: a job is not who you are or what you're worth, it's what you do.  It's hard to remember that sometimes.





I wrote this on October 27th and never published it.  Here tis.

No comments: